Sarge netinst - generic Linux IDE chipset & unable to mount- problem on IBM xSeries 220 server

Hi all! I wanted to install Debain Sarge to an IBM xSeries 220 server,
with the latest netinst.iso. The server has a SCSI and one ATA33 IDE
controller. On the ATA33 IDE there is a 48x LiteON cdrom, and there is one
SCSI drive on the aic725xxx controller. The netinst cd boots up, and after
the lng selection it tries to detect the hardware. It finds everything,
but when loadin Linux generic IDE chipsets, it simply hangs. When I passed
some "hlt, no mca, noapic, nolapic" and other boot options, it
successfully detected everything, but when it tried to mount the cdrom, it
says, there is no cd in the drive, and couldn't mount it. It was a great
surprise, however, it has successfully booted up from the cd. I've tried
with rewritable and with a cdr too, but the results are the same. what can
be done, in ordr to be able to install a debian sarge on that machine?