Re: adduser asks for password 6 times, am I owned????

Please give more info: adduser version, debian version. I haven't seen
this problem before, could it be malware/rootkits? (probably not, but
possible)

Andrew

>Hi All,This one is troubling me.  It can't possibly be right, can
it?This is the output from me adding a user with adduser.I had to
enter the password in 6 times.root@debian:~# adduser foobAdding user
`foob'...Adding new group `foob' (1007).Adding new user `foob' (1007)
with group `foob'.Creating home directory `/home/foob'.Copying files
from `/etc/skel'Enter new UNIX password:Retype new UNIX password:New
UNIX password:Retype new UNIX password:Enter new UNIX password:Retype
new UNIX password:passwd: password updated successfullyChanging the
user information for foobEnter the new value, or press ENTER for the
default        Full Name []:--To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to
debian-testing-REQUEST@lists.debian.orgwith a subject of