Re: Firefox network problem ?

On Wednesday, November 3, 2021, komodo <komodo@gmx.us> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since some latest upgrades I have a problem with FF.
>
> Particularly with the web https://www.wordreference.com
>
> When I open this page and try search some words, FF stops loading all pages.
>
> It seems like some network problem.
> FF is responding, I can switch tabs but for example if I have YT page playing
> some video it stops and I can see only loading circle on video.
>
> (...)
> And it seems to me that the problem is in some library, because this is not
> happening with FF downloaded from FF web page.
>
> I've tried FF from testing and also from sid but the result is the same.
>
> Can someone please try this, before I fill a bug report ?

Hi, Martin, FF release from Mozilla is working
fine here, and firefox-esr from Debian Bullseye
repositories too (I've just tested the site and
actions you mentioned).

This is what I have here:

$ apt-cache policy firefox-esr
firefox-esr:
 Instalados: 78.15.0esr-1~deb11u1
 Candidato:  78.15.0esr-1~deb11u1
 Tabla de versión:
*** 78.15.0esr-1~deb11u1 500
       500 https://security.debian.org/debian-security bullseye-security/main amd64 Packages
       100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
    78.14.0esr-1~deb11u1 500
       500 https://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye/main amd64 Packages

$ uname -a
Linux debian 5.10.0-9-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.70-1 (2021-09-30) x86_64 GNU/Linux

What's your case?

Also: right now I'm using a USB-tethering Internet
connection (not Ethernet nor Wi-Fi):

$ ip route
default via xxx.xxx.xx.xxx dev usb0
xxx.xxx.xx.x/xx dev usb0 proto kernel scope link src xxx.xxx.xx.xxx

Just in case it has same relevance for your issue.

Best of luck!