Re: Build Dependencies of tetex-bin

From: Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de>
Subject: Re: Build Dependencies of tetex-bin
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 00:13:13 +0100

> On 27.01.04 Florent Rougon (f.rougon@free.fr) wrote:
>
> > You should note that the Build-Depends is libxaw7-dev | libxaw-dev, and
> > libxaw7-dev *is* available in unstable (and testing).
> >
> Yes, I did and I've seen that.

FYI.
As far as I checked, there is no libxaw-dev even in woody.

I guess porting the latest tetex-bin to potato might be
practically very difficult.

I don't know a history of libxaw-dev but, in changelog.Debian
of libxaw7-dev I found;

xfree86 (4.2.1-14) unstable; urgency=medium

  * Make libxaw6-dev and libxaw7-dev conflict with and replace libxaw-dev (<<
    4.0.3); the latter existed as a real package in pre-woody unstable, and
    this permits smooth upgrades from such systems.
    - debian/control

 -- Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>  Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:29:52 -0500

I'm not sure at present if we should remove libxaw-dev
or not...

Regards,		   2004-1-28(Wed)