Re: the TeTeX package in debian is a little out-of-date

On 13.05.05 redox (jfxiao@sibs.ac.cn) wrote:

Hi,

> The version of TeTeX package in Debian is 2.0(sarge and sid), and
> the latest stable version of TeTeX is 3.0, so I think the package
> in Debian is a little out-of-date.

Yes, sorry for that! teTeX 3.0 was released in February and we didn't
dare to upload into unstable, as

- we made some major changes to the packages (build system)
- we have an API change in the kpathsearch lib
- upstream made changes in the TDS, which requires an update of other
  packages

. We will upload to unstable later this year, but this will be to
late for sarge (it is frozen anyway). The packages are available from
experimental, but other teTeX related packages may fail to work
correctly.
I'd say "unlucky release times of two seldom released software
packages". Sorry!

> I think it will be easy for me and the others to install a new
> version of TeTex by apt-get ^_^.

deb http://ftp.xx.debian.org/debian/ experimental main non-free contrib
deb-src http://ftp.xx.debian.org/debian/ experimental main non-free contrib

#deb http://people.debian.org/~frn/teTeX-3.0 sid/binary-all/