Re: Cleanups in 3.0

On 11.07.05 Florent Rougon (f.rougon@free.fr) wrote:
> Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

Hi,

> > 3. Depends line of tetex-bin:
> >
> > Depends: <snip> debconf (>= 0.5) | debconf-2.0, ... debconf (>= 0.5.00),
> >
> > The first is written into by ${misc:Depends}, the second by us
> > manually. I guess the latter can be dropped.
>
> ... and probably should, since the added dependency is preventing
> tetex-bin from working with only debconf-2.0 installed. Unless
> tetex-bin really doesn't work with debconf-2.0, we are therefore
> being more restrictive than necessary.

root@preusse:~# apt-get install debconf-2.0
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package debconf-2.0 is a virtual package provided by:
  debconf 1.4.30.13
  cdebconf 0.74.2
You should explicitly select one to install.
E: Package debconf-2.0 has no installation candidate

I really don't want to check, if teTeX works with cdebconf. Even if
not we should not hide the problems :-|.

H.
--
If it's working, the diagnostics say it's fine.
If it's not working, the diagnostics say it's fine.