Re: Dropping the dependency on teTeX for Type 1 font packages

Hi Florent!

On Son, 09 Okt 2005, Florent Rougon wrote:
> > texmf.cnf file *is* generated. Then call the mktexlsr and updmap-sys
> > scripts only if they are existent.
>
> Hmmm, I am still not sure it would be correct to call them without
> having first ensured that tetex-bin (or its texlive equivalent) is

It shouldn't hurt. Why: Even without *anything* cionfigured calls to
mktexlsr and updmap-sys should work without any problem. In fact I
already have thought about moving some of the basic scripts from
tetex/texlive to tex-common (like the scripts mktexlsr, updmap(-sys)
etc) as they are really the same and are really basic. But this was just
an idea.

> configured. For a start, tetex-bin's postinst calls update-texmf. Also,
> Debian Policy doesn't allow to assume it will work. If it is indeed

Why? All the files are there in /etc/texmf (bacause they are installed
by tex-common!), and update-texmf does nothing special.

Best wishes

Norbert

sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
DUNGENESS (n.)
The uneasy feeling that the plastic handles of the overloaded
supermarket carrier bag you are carrying are getting steadily longer.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff