Re: The {tetex-base, tetex-bin, tetex-extra} set in experimental doesn't purge cleanly

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> Can you please try again?  Can you exclude that the reason is some local
> configuration?  If the error occurs again, it should be sufficient to

It is at least the 6th time I reproduce this. I checked that after the
first command (dpkg -P tetex-extra tetex-bin tetex-base tex-common),
neither /etc/texmf nor /usr/local/share/texmf exists.

> sh -x /usr/bin/mktextfm ecrm1000

The error is happening in line 46 of /usr/share/texmf/web2c/mktexdir,
because a normal user doesn't have the rights to create /var/cache/fonts
(the message said ././var/cache/fonts, but this is correct since it is
performed from the root directory). In the successful case
(\ref{everything-is-ok-here}), /var/cache/fonts already exists and
therefore, mktexdir doesn't try to create it; that is the difference.

I replaced the 'dpkg -P tetex-extra tetex-bin tetex-base' after
\ref{everything-is-ok-here} by three commands:

  dpkg -P tetex-extra
  dpkg -P tetex-bin
  dpkg -P tetex-base

and only after the last one was /var/cache/fonts deleted. I suppose that
shouldn't have happened, since tex-common was still installed, and
installing tex-common from a clean state creates /var/cache/fonts.

--
Florent