Re: dh_installtexfonts is ready for testing

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

> All font map files should have the same two-digits number
> prepended IMHO, unless we discover that some of them need an exception.
> This will make things tidy in /etc/texmf/updmap.d/

I totally agree, we should really do it this way.

> OK, so which number should be used? Given that update-updmap(8) and
> /usr/share/doc/tetex-bin/README.Debian.gz have been giving 10 as an
> example for a long time, I'd say this should be the recommended value in
> the TeX Policy, unless there is a good reason to use something else
> (such as "not enough space between 00 and 10"). Otherwise, the package
> maintainers who had done their homework well will have to transition
> their conffiles to some other name. Pffff! :)

I don't expect that we ever need more "space" between 00 and 10.  Let's
keep it to 10.

By the way, I'm really glad about all this productive activtiy on the
list in the last couple of weeks!

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster