Re: Too many conflicts? (tetex vs. texlive)

> tex-common (0.7) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   * take over installation of /var/cache/fonts/*, /usr/local/share/texmf
>     and the ls-R links from tetex (and texlive). [preining]
>
> Without the ls-R links it won't work. You need them! And they are not
> present in tetex nor texlive.

Why do the snippets introduced by dh_installtexfonts need these ls-R
links?  If mktexlsr and updmap-sys are available, they must be working,
but that is not the responsibility of the font package, is it?

By the way, shouldn't we remove the long comments from the code?  They
would only bloat /var/lib/dpkg/info/*;  we should rather put the
contents into the policy, dh_installtexfonts, or a separate
documentation file.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster