Re: Various questions concerning TeX live

Hi Ralf!

On Sam, 03 Jun 2006, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> In case you see any difference between 'mentioned' and 'asked for'
> fonts; IMO these fonts are on the same level wrt PSNFSS.

Ok.

> > 	* rsfs
> > 	move rsfs from fonts-extra to fonts-recommended
>
> Same here, font is asked for/mentioned by PSNFSS.

ok.

> > 	* (HA-prosper)/beamer/powerdot
> > 	(old) prosper is in latex-recommended
> > 	beamer and powerdot in latex-extra
> >
> > 	Exchange?
>
> That would be a possibility. But I am not usre if it makes sense to
> implement such random comments allready.

Why not, the idea is to make this change upstream and cary it out also
in the Debian packages.

> > 	* jurabib/juramisc
> > 	move jurabib from lang-de to latex-extra
>
> bibtex-extra would be more appropriate IMO (and latex-extra is to large
> allready ;-)

good.

> [...]
> > 	* publishers
> > 	move from latex-extra to publishers
> >
> > 	Reason: the name?
>
> What I meant was that tl-publishers is meant for styles specific for
> certain journals etc. But there are quite a few such styles in
> tl-latex-extra, too. IMO it would make sense to move them to the other,
> similar styles.

Quick checks gives me:
  IEEEconf -- IEEEconf proceedings
  aastex -- Macros for Manuscript Preparation for AAS Journals.
  apa -- American Psychological Association format.
  asaetr -- Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers.
  ascelike -- Bibliography style for the American Society of Civil Engineer.
  gatech-thesis -- Georgia Institute of Technology thesis class
  imac -- International Modal Analysis Conference format.
  jhep -- JHEP style.
  jpsj -- Document Class for Journal of the Physical Society of Japan.
  muthesis -- Document classes for University of Manchester Department of
   Computer Science.
  osa -- Macros for Optical Society of America Journals, etc.
  ptptex -- Macros for 'Progress of Theoretical Physics'.
  sae -- Typeset an SAE technical paper.
  siggraph -- SIGGRAPH conference class.
  tugboat -- LaTeX macros for TUGboat articles.
  uaclasses -- University of Arizona thesis and dissertation format.
  ucthesis -- University of California thesis format.
  uiucthesis -- UIUC thesis class.
  umich-thesis -- University of Michigan Thesis LaTeX class.

Comments?

> > 	* Remove collection-pdfetex and move all the files into latex-base?
>
> I think in TL (but not in TL for Debian) collection-pdfetex contains the
> actual pdfetex binary. If this is the case, then one has to consider

No. It contains only stuff related to pdfetex specific things. the
pdfetex binary is in collection-basebin.

Best wishes

Norbert

HAUGHAM (n.)
One who loudly informs other diners in a restaurant what kind of man
he is by calling for the chef by his christian name from the lobby.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff