Re: [Frank Küster] teTeX is gone, beware of build-dependencies

Hi,

Frank Küster <frank@kuesterei.ch> wrote:

> the Debian TeX Task force is currently preparing an upload to unstable
> of TeXLive 2007.

I'd say "an upload of TeXLive 2007 to unstable".

> With this version, teTeX will vanish as a separate package and only
> continue to exist as transitional packages.

[...]

> The transitional packages [...] were *not* designed to minimize
> breakage for packages which build-depend on teTeX: Be therefore
> prepared to experience some breakage.

You're telling people teTeX will vanish and stuff will break, all this
with no justification. I think you should add near the top of the mail
that teTeX is abandoned upstream, which justifies the switch to TeX
Live.

--
Florent