license stuff to be fixed

This email just copies from an old email under a completely different
subject, so here with useful subject so that I can remember what it was:

On Mo, 01 Okt 2007, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Do, 06 Sep 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
> > > * bbm fonts [OPEN]
> > > 	Frank mentioned that there is something on the way via Karl Berry
> > > 	is there any progress?
> >
> > No idea, heard nothing.
>
> I guess still nothing we can do about it.
>
> > > * Donald Arsenau files [OPEN]
> > > 	Frank, AFAIR you had some discussion with Donald. Did you
> > > 	get an email at least stating the freeness, so we could include
> > > 	the email in the copyright file ...
> >
> > I never got an answer.  I think I even asked on the TL list whether
> > anyone has better connections to him, but don't remember any result.
>
> Same same.
>
> > > * eepic docs [OPEN]
> > > 	I assume it is the file eepic.tex which lacks any statement.
> > > 	Puh, it was written in 1988, du we really expect to get any
> > > 	answer from Conrad Kwok <kwok@iris.ucdavis.edu>
> > > 	No idea if this email is still working and he is still there.
> > > 	One is taking this up and trying to contact him?
> >
> > I think we should at least give it two tries (direct mail, 10 minutes
> > looking for the name via google and ucdavis.edu).  But if that doesn't
> > result in a prompt answer, I would remove the docs.  Anyone still using
> > eepic will know how to get it from CTAN.
>
> Should I remove the documentation of eepic???
>
> > > * ae [CLOSED ON CTAN]
> > > 	This is already solved, updated package is on CTAN
> > > 	I guess we could include simply the MANIFEST, COPYING, and
> > > 	README file from CTAN.
> >
> > ... and make sure the catalogue is up-to-date, for generating our
> > copyright file.
>
> And include the updated files from CTAN, no?
>
> > > * amslatex [HALF-OPEN]
> > > 	Positive answer from AMS, but no progress after this
> > > 	Anyone heard anything else?
> >
> > Well, we've got a timeline for the next release but no answer to my
> > "will this include the license fix?" question.  If we get this answer,
>
> Ok, we can leave this it will get a lenny-ignore anyway.

Best wishes

Norbert

MOTSPUR (n.)
The fourth wheel of a supermarket trolley which looks identical to the
other tree but renders the trolley completely uncontrollable.
MO I RANA Imagine being on a vacation, and it's raining all the time,
you are driving and the kids are making you a nervous wreck. Well you
are definitive in Mo i Rana.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff