Re: New package of "cjk"

Op 07-07-08 11:34, schreef Norbert Preining:

> One more question: Any chance putting your hands on latex-cjk-chinese-arphic?
> There are RC bugs and it would be nice to get a fixed version into
> lenny.

Indeed, I'm trying to fix a difficult bug: how to get vertical fonts for the
simplified fonts.

Reason is that the Arphic fonts "gkai" and "gbsmi" don't have a proper GSUB
table in the TTF.  CJK's fontforge scripts used to give only a warning and
compile it anyway, but with recent modifications to fontforge it doesn't work
anymore, and now the scripts bail out.

I'm thinking of adding these few font files in debian/ and then copy them to
TEXMF, but that kind of beats the whole idea of compiling it in the first
place.  If I don't find a more elegant solution soon, then this will be way
to go.

On a sidenote: with xCJK you don't need to recomile TTF into .pfb and .tfm
files.  And I have added a suggestion for the newer "UKai" and "UMing" fonts
from Arne Götje instead of the original Arphic fonts.

> Thanks for all your great work, I will upload after testing. You will
> see the message.

Thanks!

--
Danai SAE-HAN (韓達耐)