Updating dvipdfmx for TeX Live 2009

Dear maintainers of dvipdfmx,

we are currently working towards packaging TeX Live 2009 for Debian.
TL2009 includes the dvipdfmx snapshot 20090522.

I tried to compile the current sources of dvipdmfx against libkpathsea5
but didn't succeed, there have been some errors for while trying that
(e.g., /usr/include/kpathsea/pathsearch.h:105: error: expected identifier or '(' before 'char')

Now I want you to ask whether you have already started preparing
dvipdfmx 20090522 for Debian, and if not how we should continue here. If
you have need I can send you libkpathsea5 and libkpathsea-dev as build
from the current TeX Live 2009 sources.

Of course there is still the option that we take over dvipdfmx into the
texlive binaries as it is already built anyway. In this case we only
would need a bit of help from your side figuring out what special
patches you did apply to the dvipdfmx source. (Interestingly, the
.diff.gz does some patching plus there is the debian/patch/ dir)

Please let me know as soon as possible how we can proceed in this
direction, because until we have no dvipdfmx we will not be able to make
decent testing of xetex, which depends (for xdvipdfmx) on dvipdfmx.

Thanks a lot and all the best

Norbert

Queasy but umbowed. The kind of feeling one gets when discovering a
plastic compartment in a fridge in which thing are growing.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff