Re: TL2012: lintian warnings

Hi Frank, Norbert,

Thank you for your advices.

2012年3月8日8:09 Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>:
> Thanks. IN general I propos to carry these questions up to
> the TeX Live main mailing list. My feeling is that not much will
> change, unless for *most* of the errors someone contacts the *real*
> upstream, i.e., the author of the program who is also maintaining
> (or not maintaining) the man page. For man pages only managed
> and kept in TeX Live, I can myself apply changes and fixes to them
> in uptream svn.

I see. I would like to make and send patch for manpages to
upupstram(or author), upstream(tex-live AT ...), and here.

>> manpage-has-bad-whatis-entry usr/share/man/man1/mendex.1.gz
>> manpage-has-errors-from-man usr/share/man/man1/mendex.1.gz 10: warning
>> [p 1, 2.2i]: can't break line
>> - texk/mendexk/mendex.1 is EUC-JP(not UTF-8).
>>   It seems that man and lexgrog cannot parse "mendexk \- EUCJPedTEXT".
>>   Do you know current lexgrog can parse EUC-JP correctly?
>>   Or are there any other EUC-JPed man files?
>
> For Debian the man page should be converted to UTF8, but that will not
> happen upstram. Maybe we have to add some recode (uaaahhh)
>
>> manpage-section-mismatch usr/share/man/man1/mendex.1.gz:3 1 != L
>> - mendex.1's section set to "L"(LaTeX?).
>>   As same detex.1, we has three options.
>> 1. Ignore with override.
>> 2. Change section in file, need patch for mendex.1
>> 3. Rename file to mendex.L(I haven't see), need patch for Makefile.am.
>
> mendex has probably also a man page in the Debian mendexk package,
> worth a check.

In debian mendexk package, upstream's mendex.1 is modified directly("L" to "1").
And added English man page, but as like template mostly...

>> manpage-has-errors-from-man usr/share/man/man1/synctex.1.gz 3:
>> warning: macro `Th' not defined
>> - ".Th" is reviced to ".TH" in texk/web2c/synctexdir/man1/synctex.1.
>
> I don't understand that ... so it is to be ignored, or fixed?

Needs to fixed(in upstream). man macro is case sensitive.
According to additionally check, ".Th"(header) macro may have to
be removed, becouse ".Dd/.Dt" macro are representative of header.

Best regards,
--
Mitsuya Shibata
mty.shibata@gmail.com