Debian maintenance of my GNU packages

Dear Debian Hackers,

I'm contacting you as the maintainer of three GNU packages, GNUnet, GNU libextractor and GNU libmicrohttpd.

I'm increasingly concerned about the placement of stable versions with APIs that have not changed in years in Debian's "experimental" distribution -- or in the case of GNUnet, the shipping of versions of the code that no longer work with the current P2P network and thus regularly shine a bad light on Debian and GNUnet, as users naturally try our the ancient packaged versions first and regularly end up disappointed.

GNU libextractor's current 0.6.x-release series is only available in Debian experimental. The version available in Debian unstable is from July 2009. Why?

GNU libmicrohttpd's current 0.9.x-release series (we're at 0.9.19!) is also only in Debian experimental. The version available in Debian unstable is from March 2010. Why?

GNUnet's current 0.9.x-release series is not even in Debian experimental. Debian stable, testing, unstable and experimental ship a now dysfunctional version 0.8.1a from February 2010. Why?

Even against the 'experimental' versions of the packages, no bug reports have been filed. We used to have a great relationship with our Debian maintainer (Daniel Baumann), but he has been quite inactive recently and/or only uploaded packages to 'experimental'. Would it be possible for some of you to help out and ensure that package updates happen in a somewhat timely fashion and are placed into the appropriate group (stable code does not belong into experimental) based on technical merit?

Clearly the problem here is not so much that the packaging work has not happened (some of them exist in experimental!) or that the software is causing technical problems. Thus I'm appealing to you to sort out whatever issues are preventing the regular promotion of "my" packages in the Debian distribution.

Fedora, SuSE, Mandrake and Arch Linux are shipping much more recent versions of these packages (for a while), so why not Debian? (Note that I'm comparing unstable against stable releases of those other distributions here. I personally appreciate Debian's stable/testing/unstable system, but relegating stable, standard software like GNU libmicrohttpd that is fit for 'stable' to 'experimental' upsets me.

I've previously e-mailed Stefano Zacchiroli about this and he suggested I should e-mail this list for help (as he lacks the appropriate magic wand or incantation).

Happy hacking!

Christian