Re: New HP Printers...?

> Hello,
>
> I am looking at buying a new printer, and had my eyes on a HP DeskJet
> 710C, which I would definitely have bought if I only ran Windows.

The 710C is a Windows printer.  Someone hacked together a driver that
works very well for black and white for the 710, 720, 820 and 1000
(which use very similar protocols), see http://www.httptech.com/ppa/.
Apparently there is an experimental color driver that is available if
you subscribe to the developers list.

I got this printer partly beyond my control.  If I had to choose a
printer, I would make sure there were good gs drivers for it available.

HTH,
Eric

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)