Re: Configuration of Exim

lorenzo.zampese@notes.electrolux.it wrote:

> When I run 'fetchmail' it says something like this :
>    "Error 550, SMTP error, I can't relay mail for the following addresses :
>  ...."

I have seen fetchmail do this when exim is run out of inetd, but it is
not setup in /etc/inetd.conf. You might try looking there. To test this
simply telnet to localhost at port 25 and see if you connect.

telnet localhost 25

If you want exim to run as a daemon, then /etc/init.d/exim needs to be
edited.

Who knows, this might even be the root of your problem with sending
remote mail as well.

--
Paul Miller
pmiller@unt.edu

NRL Administrator http://www.nrl.csci.unt.edu
Talons Alumni http://orgs.unt.edu/talons

Where do all the bits go when the computer is done with them?