Re: slink -> potato

On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 07:34:18 PST, "Eric G . Miller" writes:
>On Fri, Jan 21, 2000 at 02:37:45PM +0100, PAUL_SEELIG@HP-Germany-om27.om.hp.co
>m wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Wouter Hanegraaff wrote:
>>
>> > Why isn't there an option for apt to let it
>> > download the deb for a package only just before installing it?
>> > That way, upgrading small systems would be a lot easier.
>
>$ apt-get -d upgrade
>
>Only downloads the debs.! No wishlist bug report required.

I think Wouter meant to download one package at a time, then install it, then go fetch the next and so on. This way you could do with _a lot_ less free space for keeping the debs before installing them...

&rw
--
-- +++ EUnet/KPNQwest@Exponet, 15.-17.2.'2k, Ebene02/Stand08 +++
----- ___                       - Robert Waldner    EUnet/AT tech staff