Re: /usr/doc vs /usr/share/doc

On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 11:13:52AM -0500, Marc Sherman wrote:
> Some packages install their docs in /usr/share/doc, but don't
> add a symlink to /usr/doc -- is it ok for me to manually add
> those symlinks after installation, or will that cause problems
> with dpkg when it tries to update or remove those packages down
> the road?

hard to say, best advice, don't, don't ever touch anything in /usr
except /usr/local/* which is yours to ROT13 rm -rf or whatever you
like.

/usr/doc symlinks are a temporary transition solution anyway until no
more packages are left that keep docs in this incorrect location,
after that /usr/doc will probably be removed altogether.

--
Ethan Benson