Re: ipchains

Here is a web page with info about most port numbers, which can be quite
helpful when setting up firewalls:
http://www.con.wesleyan.edu/~triemer/network/docservs.html

This site tries to have helpful guides that make more sense to non-geeks:
http://www.linuxhelp.net/guides/

Here is a webpage for generating a script for ipfwadm that might be useful
for you:
http://members.tripod.com/~robel/dni/

I've been messing around with iptables myself and haven't been able to
find any resources for firewall newbs. I really shouldn't complain since
it's only in the development kernel (2.3.x) but I'd rather learn the
latest firewall tools since I'm ready to learn about firewalling now, if
that makes sense. Well, if anyone could point me to a site about iptables
that caters to those of us with IQs under 150, I'd appreciate it.  ;-j

-Grant

* Chris Gray (cgray@nowonder.com) [000304 20:39] penned: