Re: Stupid X question

in 03/08/00 08:23AM, Hausheer, Geoffrey wrote:
> How do I get X to automatically boot to 16bpp (or 24, or 32)?  I have been
> using a '-bpp 16' switch on the command line (or soetimes an alias), but
> what if I want to use xdm?  I have looked through all of my linux
> documentation, howtos, faqs, man-pages, etc, but couldn't find this
> anywhere.  Please help.

You can put DefaultColorDepth ## in your XF86Config in the Screen
section. Check out man XF86Config for more info.

 ) Mark Wagnon       ) "The danger from computers is not that they   )
(  Chula Vista, CA  (   will eventually get as smart as men, but we (
 ) mwagnon1@home.com )  will meanwhile agree to meet them halfway"   )
(                   (       -Bernard Avishai                        (