Re: Q: ssh/ssh-nonfree, also xterm

Daishi Harada <daishi@CS.Berkeley.EDU> writes:
DH> 2. If I use ssh-nonfree (1.2.27-5), I can use ssh, but I get the
DH> following warnings:
DH>         % ssh <host>
DH>         Agent parent directory is not sticky, mode is 40777 it should be 041777
DH>         user@host's password:
DH>         Cannot make temporary authentication socket directory /tmp/ssh-user-xxxxx

ssh is more than a little picky about the permissions various
directories have.  In this case, it sounds like the permissions on
/tmp are set wrong.  Try running (as root) 'chmod 1777 /tmp', which
will set the "sticky bit" (keeps other users from deleting your files,
IIRC) and is, I believe, the normal permissions for /tmp on a Debian
system.

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell