Re: Configuring Pine for multiple ISPs

Jason Christensen wrote:
> The script could look at another file (/etc/resolv.conf maybe) for domain
> info that was set by your connection software. I know that dhcpcd sets
> the domain in my resolv.conf. I'm not sure what pppd does as it has been
> a couple of years since I have used it.

Pppconfig 2.0 can be told to put a script in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d that will
install a different resolv.conf for each ISP.  The ISP name is also passed
to the ip-up.d scripts in $6 and PPP_IPPARAM.

Dale writes:
> Is there any kind of simple smtp transfer program that pine could be
> pointed at on the local machine that could be aware of the correct server
> to direct the mail to from a config file?  Please don't tell me sendmail
> or qmail or some other gigantic full featured MTA.

Ok.  I won't tell you to install exim, even though I'm fairly sure it could
be readily configured to do what you want.  I really don't understand why
you wouldn't want to have your mail transferred automatically in the
background every time you connect, though.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org