Re: Telnet 25 connection refused

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 16:53:06 +0200, ulla.russell@pp.inet.fi wrote:

>Is it possible that something in the exim.conf is incorrectly configured
>or that whatever program is responsible for strating exim is not being
>loaded.

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 06:54:21 -1000 (HST), jchristensen@hawaii.rr.com wrote:

[...]
>Do you use inetd, the Internet Super Server? It's nice because it allows
>you to run a single process which will spawn appropriate server
>processes to handle incoming network requests.
[...]
>You could probrably have exim always running, but why if you can save
>resources?

Irvine, Jason answered your question already. You have to either make sure
Exim is running in stand-alone mode (symlink in /etc/rc2.d to
/etc/init.d/exim), or that it is being started by (x)inetd (see (x)
inetd.conf).

I hope that clears things up, otherwise feel free to ask again.

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\