Re: User access to write vfat partition?

Todd Suess <tsuess@inspace.net> wrote:

> Hey gang,
>
> I want to temporarily allocate some disk space I have spare on my
> /dev/hda1
> partition (vfat)
> and link it to a symbolic link in a users directory so he can upload
> files.

Many moons ago i had this problem and somewhere I read that certain
parameters can be added to the Windows partition data in /etc/fstab. I
did this and users can read and write to my Windows partition. Here is
my fstab entry:

/dev/hda2  /dosc vfat  defaults,user,auto,umask=002,gid=101 0  2

Maybe you only need the 'user' bit, but since it works I have left it
like this. 'auto', of course, mounts the partition when I boot Linux.

Hope this helps.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Storm Linux 2000