Re: MozM14 install & Netscape bookmarks (newbie q)

Vitux wrote:

> Hi Debianites
>
> I can't quite figure out how to install Moz M14.
> I d'led the
> mozilla-i686-pc-linux-gnu-M14-talkback.tar.gz,
> which is supposed to be a binary of the M14
> (according to Mozilla.org), and I figured out how
> to untar/zip it to a dir, but what then?
> How do I "tell" X to use this instead of the old
> one that was installed with my Slink system?
> Would it perhaps be easier to point apt to
> unstable and just install this particular deb?

Probably best to download the mozilla deb from potato and install it (you might want
to purge your old one first) - if you point apt or dselect at potato or woody you
might end up upgrading your entire system.  I don't use mozilla myself, but you may
find some additional libraries require an upgrade as well.

> The other question is regarding bookmarks in
> Netscape Navigator
> (communicator-smotif45-something-like-that). Where
> are they located on the system? I'd really like to
> replace the "new" bookmark-file with the one from
> my former 'doze box, to get all my bookmarks
> transferred...

Your bookmark.html file will be in /home/(user)/.netscape

> One last thing: How do I allow a user to "pon" and
> "poff"? Tried "chmod 755 pon", but it didn't
> really do anything...

add the user you want to be able to dialout to the group dip , e.g.

adduser (user) dip

as root

> Please, no flames: I'll happily read any FM, but I
> can't really find what I'm looking for in this
> case...
> Best Regards, and thanx
> Vitux

HTH