Re: Strange eth0 and eth1 dmesg

Patrick wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> some machines are just plain unco-operative.  After getting a custom
> aic7870 rescu and drivers disks, I got installed and then faced this
> set of messages on boot.
>
> My apologies if it seems long but I am assuming that the root of
> this oproblem lies with the scsi setup.
>
> the cards claim to work but the command route add -net just causes
> the shell to hang until Ctrl C is pressed.  eth0 can be ping itself
> but nothing else can ping it. eth1 cannot be ping because I can't
> set up a route.
>
> All help appreciated.  Patrick Kirk

>    dmesg.txtName: dmesg.txt
>             Type: Plain Text (text/plain)

perhaps you need to give some options for your cards. read
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/YOURCARD or look directly to the
files in ../../driver/net/YOURCARD

then modprobe options=XX
if everything fails try some other NIC's because they could be out of
order. I don't think it has anything to do with scsi-card, because the
problems start later, when the two cards are already detected.

Fitsch