Re: alternatives to gnotepad+

Adam Shand wrote:

> hey.

> so ... does anyone else out there know of an alternative?  the simpler the
> better so long as it has multiple tabls (or a similar feature) to easily
> switch between files.

I have long used gnotepad+ also, but lately, due to the reasons you have
offered, I have used gxedit. It seems to be about at the point of
functionality that gnotepad+ used to be when I thought it was so handy.
You would have to try it yourself to see if it suited you. Gedit seems
like it would be really nice and trim, but I've often had trouble with
segfaults etc. while trying to use it. I'll keep trying, but for now I
use gxedit.

kometboy