Re: gpm config for Logitech MouseMan+ PS/2

> I have a similar problem. Everything is OK with X with config:
>
> Section "Pointer"
>     Protocol    "IMPS/2"
>     Device      "/dev/mouse"
>     ZAxisMapping 4 5
> EndSection
>
> With gpm, I have tried type=imps2. No good, but...
> when switching off gpm (/etc/init.d/gpm stop) with that config, and
> relaunching it with type=ps2 in the config file (as I had it before trying
> to use the wheel), it works.

hehe - i had the reverse effect: when x is configured for imps/2, then i
HAVE TO run gpm with imps2 - in the other case i get only protocoll
errors.

as somebody already mentioned before me, only one type of logitech-mice
works well for sure: the boxed version. the oem version has a zilog-chip,
which is (was(?)) not supported. the so-called "bulk"-version might work
or not. newer versions seem not to work (they have the zilog-chip also).
there is a reference to a nice page about wheel-mice in the
3-button-mouse mini-howto. the url is
http://www.inria.fr/koala/colas/mouse-wheel-scroll/

however - X has (had(?)) the problem with the zilog chips, too. but
possibly this has been fixed.

Linux - the last service pack you'll ever need.