Password authentication for Exim?

Is there any way to set up Exim to do password authentication
for host-auth-accept-relay using PAM?  I've read chapter 33
(authentication) of the Exim manual, but it only describes how
to add a single user name - I'd like to allow any user with
a valid account on my machine to use their regular email
password to authenticate SMTP relaying through my machine
to any arbitrary domain.

Also, is the binary exim distribution in Debian compiled with
authorization enabled (AUTH_CRAM_MD5=yes, AUTH_PLAINTEXT=yes)?

Please cc replies to me, I only get the digest of this list.
Thanks.

- Marc