Re: Group for /dev/cdrom, Does not work for me :-(, addendum

On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 01:27:56AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:

> If groups isn't displaying the right output after a useradd, then my
> guess is that you haven't logged out and in again since the useradd ...?

ACK! I have gotten so used to things working when I do them ( as opposed
to Windoughs, where you have to reboot in order for anything to be
current ). Is there a specific reason why this doesn't happen
dynamically? Thanks for the help

PS. I remember someones signature from a while ago with something to the
effect

"Windows has detected mouse button activity, You must restart Windows for
 changes to be effective. Would you like to restart your computer now?"

--
Frisco Rose             "By any other name, I would smell the same"
E.O.U. Student          rosef@eou.edu (541) 962-2987

Science Journal Ed.     scijou@scijou.eou.edu
EOU Hoke Center 307     (541) 962-3787
La Grande, OR. 97850