Re: Apache VH Help needed

This is an apache configuration issue AND a DNS configuration issue.

Requirement 1:

An A record or a CNAME for * in the zone file for the domain
customer1.com.

*	IN	A	ip-address-of-www.customer1.com

or

*	IN	CNAME   www.customer1.com.

However this will also mean that:

a: no other ip-s can be given out in the domain (but they can be assigned
from a subdomain)
b: not all ip-s will point to www.customer1.com (the A records pointing to
somewhere else must be before the * line in the zone file).

A CNAME and A record coexisting for the same name can cause problems (eg.
an A record for * and a specific CNAME).

Requirement 2:

The rewrite engine must rewrite all addresses that and with .customer1.com
to www.customer1.com or else they will be served from their own
directory, not from /var/customers/webs/www.customer1.com

Robert Varga