I have loaded my home PC with the base system from debian download.
I try to connect to the web to download the debian packages from the
web. I installed the potato version.
My problem is as follows:
When I run dselect it trys to connect through the NIC card I have.
I have a PC with a NIC and a PPP modem.  I am assuming the modem is compatiably
since it advertised Linux compatiablity.  It is a PC Call Waiting modem.
 I have a dual Pentium 500 Celeron system with ABIT motherboard, 394MB
memory, 20GB Hard Disk, Yamaha CD-RW, etc...

What files to I have to manaul configure with a base debian system or
can I run something like pppconfig.

Dan

To get your own FREE ZDNet Onebox - FREE voicemail, email, and fax,
all in one place - sign up today at http://www.zdnetonebox.com