Re: Re[2]: Emacs - was Re: Mail/news software

Graeme Mathieson <graeme+usenet@mathie.cx> wrote regarding Re: Re[2]:
Emacs
> Steve Lamb <morpheus@rpglink.com> writes:

> [ snipped ... ]
> > Simply stated, anything which requires Emacs to run
> > is instantly lower than something that requires Windows to run because
at
> > least it /IS/ an OS and not an editor that is a wannabe script
interpreter
> > and OS rolled into one.

> Has anybody ever tried to graft emacs directly on top of oskit?
_Then_ you
> would have your operating system. :)

 It would be a great OS period. Perfect for laptops, PDA's,
 writers, programmers, etc...

 I'd like to a graphical version though... sort of a cross
 between Oberon and emacs. Run w3 in a frame, gnus in another,
 mail could update in a little sliding window at the bottom
 of the screen... maybe you could just use it as a desktop
 and run applets in floating windows above it.

 Object oriented... document centric... run it on
 the Mach kernel...
 --
 My other computer's running Debian. {www.debian.org}