Re: file transfers to Win2K

ftp is probably a good choice.

Samba works too, but I have been told, and have found that it's
relatively inefficient--lower throughput that ftp.

In scripts running from NT 4 or 5 I've noticed that MS shares tend to
drop after a period of inactivity.  While this is fine, they don't get
reconnected when you try to access them.  So if my script looks for
I:foo.txt, and I: is a mapping for a drive, it will report it's
unavailable until you manually click on the share in Explorer.

Security is potentially an issue regardless of what method you choose.