Re: cdrecord question

Andrew Kae <jiggyman77@hotmail.com> writes:

> Is it possible to write files and directories to a cd without making
> an image first?  I don't have 650 MB of my hard drive to spare for
> an image file.  In Windoze, Adaptec EZ-CD recorder can take in
> a list of files and then just burn them to a cd.  It seems to me the
> only way to make data cds is to make an image first and then use
> cdrecord to make the image into a cd.

You don't need to make an image first. From the manpage of cdrecord:

       If the overall speed of the system is sufficient  and  the
       structure  of  the filesystem is not too complex, cdrecord
       will run  without  creating  an  image  of  the  ISO  9660
       filesystem. Simply run the pipeline:

           mkisofs  -R  /master/tree  | cdrecord -v fs=6m speed=2
       dev=2,0 -

--
Mike Fabian   <mike.fabian@gmx.de>   <mike@nozomi.rhein-neckar.de>