Re: cdrecord question

Yes you have to have an image .... meaning you have to have an iso9660
formatted file to place on the CDR, but that image doesn't ever have to
be on your hard disk. With a pipe, the left hand side waits until there
is room in the pipe to continue, so as cdrecord takes the information
that has been put in the pipe mkisofs places the next bits of
information into the pipe .... but these bits of information which are
in fact the iso9660 file never exists on the hard disk as a complete
file. This of course is the very essense of "cd burning on the fly".

Sean