Re: Howto re-configure an already configured package ?

Alain Papazoglou <alain.papazoglou@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>Howto to re-configure an existing package ?

Depends. If it uses debconf, then dpkg-reconfigure <package-name> will
work (this is also the easiest way to find out whether a package uses
debconf or not :)); if not, then you may have luck running the
post-installation script in /var/lib/dpkg/info/<package-name>.postinst,
or you might end up just reinstalling it.

>and howto to force interactive mode when configuring with dselect?

I don't understand what you mean here. Do you mean that you have debconf
set to the noninteractive frontend? If so, then 'dpkg-reconfigure
debconf' will give you the opportunity to change this.

>I would like to re-configure dpkg-ftp package due to a proxy...
>other scripts than dselect ?

Again, I'm not quite sure what you mean, but you can either use dpkg
directly or switch to apt-get instead (which many people swear by).
There are also various apt-related frontends in development, such as
console-apt and aptitude.