RE: problem with 2.3.99 kernel SOLVED

I know what the problem was.  I had to create the mount point /var/shm
I know it seems stupid that I could have thought it would be created
automatically when I booted the machine, but the Debiandiary
information did not say I needed to create it (I don't believe), so I
assumed it was done automatically.  Still Debiandiary was a big help
:)

--
Andrew