Re: mmap- what is it?

> ** Must have working mmap.
>
> I never had this problem with this machine, so I suspect my mmap got lost
> somehow.

mmap is no program, but a system function. if you use a stable kernel and
a working libc, then you have this for sure.
so there are two possibilities:
1) the configure script is broken somehow
2) you lost some include files (/usr/include/unistd.h or
   /usr/include/sys/mman.h says the mmap man page)

If Windows is the answer, I want the problems back!