Re: Maxima on debian

 I believe there is a Maxima package now, either in Woody or in the
 works.  I have one installed that I grabbed out of `incoming' one
 day...

Package: maxima
 This system MAXIMA is a COMMON LISP implementation due to William F.
 Schelter, and is based on the original implementation of Macsyma at
 MIT, as distributed by the Department of Energy.  I now have
 permission from DOE to make derivative copies, and in particular to
 distribute it under the GNU public license.

 You might also like to have:

 export CVSROOT=:pserver:anoncvs@bittersweet.inetarena.com:/var/cvs/emacsen
 cvs login
  <empty password>
 cvs -z3 checkout maxima

 ... an XEmacs mode for Maxima that I cobbled together from peices of
 the original maxima-mode.  (It might work with GNU Emacs also - It's
 untested there.)  It will probably become part of the Debian package
 at some point.

--
Those who do not study Lisp are doomed to reimplement it - Poorly.
A few months in the laboratory often saves several hours at the library.

mailto:karlheg@debian.org (Karl M. Hegbloom)