Re: quickinstall for multiple debian machines

If you find one in which you can preselect even the partition sizes, then
notify me as well :)

If you can bear the manual setup of the base setup, then you can use

1. (on an installed box) dpkg --get-selections > filename

2. transfer file to other machine

after the base install is complete (no preselected package combos are
selected, answer N to the question, do an update in dselect,
_skip_the_select_menuitem_, and select install this will put up) set
/etc/apt/sources.list to your mirror.

3: apt-get update; dpkg --set-selections < filename

This will download and install the appropriate packages.

Unfortunately, you still need to answer the questions, but the whole
install goes down in about 20 minutes.

X server conflicts can arise.

You can even try putting all the config files of the packages (you can
probably obtain them from debian package info) in a tarball and extracting
them on the other machine, although you must take care of hostname
problems.

Regards,

Robert Varga