Re: Stuck...

> Brian Hazelwood wrote:
>
> Good Morning,
>
> I new to Linux and intalling debian 2.1 for the first time.  I have
> not had any problems untill this point.  After I am prompted for my
> "debian login" and password, I recieve the date, time and copywrite
> info.  However after this I recieve a line  "debian:~#" with the
> curser waiting for a reply.  I have typed in numerous characters and
> numbers to no avail.

as others have said, that's the command prompt. to have "not had
any problems until this point" is saying that you're just getting
started!

> Please Help!

if you say 'to no avail' to mean 'nothing happens'
then maybe your keyboard isn't configured correctly...?

is that the case? (and how are you sending us email then--from
another machine?)

if not, try 'help' or 'man ls' or 'startx'...