Re: Mouse doesn't work in Xwindow, NFS, bug(3.)???

> 1. Mouse (/dev/psaux, ps2 with wheel) doesn't work after setting it up
> through xf86config; it had always worked before. Mouse works in console,
> detected by gpm with correct settings.
so i post it again ... from /etc/X11/XF86Config:

Section "Pointer"
        Protocol        "IMPS/2"
        Device          "/dev/psaux"
#        Device          "/dev/gpmdata"
        Buttons         5
        ZAxisMapping    4 5
EndSection

(use /dev/gpmdata, if you set gpm into repeater mode (with -Rraw).)

if your x-server isn't broken, this should work.

> 2. After rebooting the first time with the boot disk created in fresh
> installation (kernel 2.2.15something) there were no problems. But after
> all this apt-getting-installing I rebooted, thinking it might fix the
> mouse problem in Xwindow, and while loading the same kernel from floppy
> went bananas with NFS, sending signals without response (I don't have
> any network, it is only one PC);
uninstall everything which has to do with nfs.

> 3. By the way, another problem. Don't know if it is a bug, if so, please
> someone forward to appropiate place or tell me how to do it, I will:
> While installing after the first deselected +apt-get(ed) selection, at
> some point (towards the end) a question came on the screen: Want to
> remove packages from /cache/archives? I intended to answer NO, since I
> plan to build my own local mirror, but it didn't wait. Just wiped them
> off.
only a guess: did you press <enter> at some point before when no prompt
was there? keystrokes are buffered.

If Windows is the answer, I want the problems back!