Re: upgrade to frozen failed.

I guess you should check out the different dpkg force options and install
some packages manually, I've had several problems upgrading myself some
time ago, what solved it at the end was installing main/base (the packages
I needed) and main/lib with dpkg (using the dependencies-version and
conflict force options), now all works fine, but it took a while...

Ron Rademaker