Re: Why is the Debian home page so boring?

Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> writes:

> This is the kind of reply I was fearing, effectively shutting off the
> discussion. Please read the whole content of my message. The intent
> was NOT blinking text, images, animations, etc. It was about moving the
> best properties of the debian distribution and tools up front, also
> for newcomers to see. As written earlier, I appreciate Debian more and
> more for every day. Why not telling the Linux community (and potential
> new users) that it is one of the best distributions?

I am not sure what www.debian.org mentions, and I agree that web-update,
stability [..] should be mentioned. On the other hand I think it is a good
thing that debian is a "non-vaporware"-project and does not start out with
"advertising-expressions".

Maybe a solution would be to put information about advanced features
and advocacy on a different page (not on the start-page). Maybe
some people would share their experience with debian.

--
Felix Natter