Re: dftp doesn't see libg++*.deb ?

  "William S Gribble" writes:
  Bill> I read about the libg++27 package on this list recently.  Even
  Bill> though I am a faithful dftp user, I never saw that package in the
  Bill> selection list, even though I have all the development stuff
  Bill> installed.

Using dselect (with the "mount" method pointing to a mirror debian/unstable),
it appears at the very bottom under "unclassified" because the libg++27
package is lacking a Section: field.

  Bill> Is there something funny about having + in the file name that breaks
  Bill> dftp?

Possible. One of the oldest ftp tricks I use it to have an ls-lR.gz of a
remote site handy. That way a quick zgrep shows you what's available. Handy
for sunsite too.

--
Dirk Eddelb"uttel                              http://qed.econ.queensu.ca/~edd