Re: What happened to debian ftp site timestamps?

Carl V Streeter wrote:
> > It seems all of the timestamps on files at ftp.debian.org are Mar 6, and
> > on  ftp.i-connect.net they're Mar 7 exactly 8 hours later.

> As for the problem, it happened when the master archive got moved.  If you
> don't want to download everything, grab ls-lR, and write a script using awk
> or perl to touch each file to the correct time.
>
> I'm sorry it happened, but it would have been impossible to fix.

Actually, there is an option in mirror, -T, that will force all the timestamps
on the local end to be set to the source times. I'll probably just to that.

Am I safe and correct in assuming that debian files _never_ get changed, no
matter how trivial, without changing the version number in the .deb file name?

Mirror has an option (get_newer=false) that will ignore the timestamps and only
transfer new files or files whose sizes have changed. One could go this route if
my assumption above is safe.

--
...RickM...